Initiation: Vajrapani Bhutadamara
Bestowed by HE Gyana Vajra Rinpoche
Discover Vajrapani’s mandala, the Buddha of Subjugating Obstacles. His meditation is one the most cherished by Sakya Masters, because it clears external and internal obstacles on the path towards enlightenment. His Eminence Gyana Vajra, one of the upholders of the Sakya Lineage, will impart this initiation on Saturday 24th August at the Centro Internacional de Estudios Budistas (Pedreguer, Alicante).
Initiation is a central element of Mantrayana Buddhism. Through it, the master introduces us into the pure reality of a buddha and awakens our potential to develop their enlightened qualities.
After receiving the initiation, we’ll be empowered to develop the meditation (sadhana) of its particular buddha. Through its practice, which includes recitations, mantras and visualization, we’ll actualize his enlightened qualities and swiftly progress towards enlightenment.
Vajrapani is the buddha that represents the power of all enlightened beings, and he’s renowned for his skill at removing obstacles. His name means “Holder of the Vajra”, because his hand holds this object, which represents buddha nature, as well as its qualities and indestructibility.
The benefits of Vajrapani’s meditation and the recitation of his mantra include:
• removing external obstacles (earthquakes, floods, wars, famine, the dangers of the intermediate state)
• removing internal obstacles (sicknesses, afflictive emotions)
• removing secret obstacles (ignorance, duality)
• deepen our understanding of the teachings
Due to its efficacy, this initiation is essential for any committed practitioner and one of the first that Sakya masters recommend to their students.
The requisite for taking this initiation is to have taken refuge. Therefore, this event is for Buddhists who wish to:
• be initiated into Vajrapani’s mandala
• practice Vajrapani’s meditation in retreat in the future
• create a karmic link with His Eminence and receive his blessing
Sábado 24 de agosto
• 10:00-12:00 Vajrapani Bhutadamara initiation by HE Gyana Vajra Rinpoche
• 16:00-18:00 Explanation of the Vajrapani sadhana by Lama Rinchen Gyaltsen
Both activities will be held in the Buddha Temple, the main hall of the Centro Internacional de Estudios Budistas (Pedreguer, España).
Friends of the Fundación Sakya will receive the corresponding discount on this amount
However, we recommend following the Buddhist custom of offering a donation to the master at the end of the initiation. This donation is voluntary and may include the members of the ordained sangha.
Book your reservation
His Eminence will also bestow a free and public Mañyushri initiation on Sunday 25th August. Check all the information by following this link.